Brückner Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG
Continually increasing speed and output with ever shorter delivery times and growing demand for quality make running a film stretching line a highly complex business. Film producers and their operating personnel stand before increasing challenges when it comes to guaranteeing a stable and efficient production with the highest quality film.
This is where Brückner’s “Intelligent Line Management” (ILM) comes in. This is an integrated solution which smooths the way for Brückner’s customers’ “Smart Production” and “Industry 4.0”. The focus lies here on a new way of operating lines, putting the emphasis on the process view as opposed to the usual machine view. This new operating concept is supported by an increasing amount of assistant systems.
Along with the “Energy Monitor” which is already used to monitor energy consumption at all line components, Brückner has developed new tools and assistant systems for inline measurements and to directly influence important film values such as temperature, haze, molecular orienteering angle or also density and porosity. For film production this brings a variety of advantages:
- Simplified line operation with significantly fewer process parameters to adjust and intuitive user guidance
- Transparency and traceability of production data
- Targeted inline control of film properties for a consistently high film quality
- Increased line availability through shorter reaction time in case of malfunctions
- Efficiency, productivity and flexibility through assistant systems such as “fast product change” (key word: Just-in-time-delivery) or “energy monitor”
Film producers will find it easier to produce the highest film quality all over the world, independent of surroundings, time, climate and weather conditions.
Image: Film stretching lines are highly complex – Brückner’s Intelligent Line Management simplifies operation and increases availability